Members of The Franklin Institute enjoy exclusive access to exhibitions, programs, and events—plus the added benefit of knowing that their support helps educate and inspire millions every year.
Membership makes a great gift! Give someone special the gift of 365 days of discovery! See below for more information.
Our members enjoy these core benefits:
- Unlimited Admission to the museum and Fels Planetarium
- Exclusive Discounts to:
- Tuttleman IMAX® Dome Theater
- Ticketed Special Exhibitions. For the following exhibitions, member tickets are $9/adult, $8/child (as savings of up to $22 per person!)
- The Worst-Case Scenario: Survival Experience - a brand new exhibition based on the internationally best-selling survival series, open through April 19, 2020.
- BRICKLIVE - an immersive brick experience, featuring 4 million bricks for endless fun and creative play. Open May 2 – June 5, 2020.
- The Secret Life of Bugs - This is an exhibit like no other, and it will change the way you think about the complex world beneath your feet. Open June 6, 2020 – January 3, 2021.
- Complimentary ticketing benefits for ticketed special exhibits available at the Membership Circle and Benefactor levels
- Franklin Institute parking garage
- Sci-Store Purchases
- Night Skies in the Observatory
- Science After Hours — 21+ Only, PLUS access to the VIP Member Lounge and 1 FREE drink!
- Discovery Camp, Camp-In, and Workshops
- No Service Fees!
- Invitations to events and lectures
- Reciprocal Admission to more than 250 ASTC Science Museums (restrictions apply)
- Tax deductibility benefits
See below for more information on gift memberships
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS Dual Membership: $89 Innovators: $300 Core member benefits 1 adult, 1 guest 1 adult, 1 guest IMAX tickets 2 per visit
Free admission for 2 adults to every Science After Hours
Complimentary invitation to a minimum of 2 exclusive Innovator social events
Discounted ticket(s) to an annual Special Exhibit Opening Party
✓ Recognition in The Franklin Institute's Annual Report ✓ Discount at Franklin Foodworks and
10% Tax deductible 100% all but $150
See below for more information on gift memberships
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS Family: $149 FamilyMAX: $199 Friends Circle: $400 Core member benefits 2 adults, 4 children 2 adults, 4 children, 2 guests 2 adults, 4 children, 2 guests IMAX tickets 6 8 8 per visit Guest passes for the museum and IMAX to share with family, friends, and colleagues 4 Special exhibition tickets (each exhibit) 2 Franklin Institute parking garage vouchers 4 Discount at Franklin Foodworks and
10% Recognition in The Franklin Institute's Annual Report ✓ Tax deductible all but $36 all but $94 all but $188
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS Patrons Circle: $600 Discoverers Circle: $1,000 Benefactor Partner: $1,500 Core member benefits 2 adults, 4 children, 2 guests 2 adults, 4 children, 2 guests 2 adults, 4 children, 2 guests IMAX tickets 8 per visit 8 per visit 8 per visit Guest passes for the museum and IMAX to share with family, friends, and colleagues 4 12 12 Special exhibition tickets (each exhibit) 2 2 4 Franklin Institute parking garage vouchers 4 4 4 Discount at Franklin Foodworks and Foodworks Express 10% 10% 10% Invitations to exclusive Benefactor Society events ✓ Dedicated Benefactor concierge service ✓ Opportunity to start the Foucault Pendulum (private by request) ✓ Recognition in The Franklin Institute's Annual Report ✓ ✓ ✓ Recognition on Benefactor Society screens in the Benjamin Franklin National Memorial ✓ Tax deductible all but $296 all but $404 all but $876
For higher membership levels, learn more about The Benefactor Society.
- Memberships are for a single household and are not transferrable. Photo ID is required to match our household record at check-in.
- Member children are ages 3 - 18.
- Guests, where applicable, must be accompanied by Member(s).
- IMAX passes, where applicable, are redeemable for educational features and expire with the current year of Membership. Not valid for major motion pictures.
- Parking is first come, first served for all visitors, including Members. Possession of parking vouchers, where applicable, does not guarantee parking. Please note that the garage has limited parking for over-sized vans, trucks and SUVs.
When you purchase a gift membership for relatives and friends, you are providing them 1 full year of fun at The Franklin Institute!
Just select "Gift" from the Individual or Family Membership sections above
Members enjoy exclusive access to exhibitions, programs, and events—plus a portion of your gift is tax deductible, supporting our mission to educate and inspire millions every year.
PLEASE NOTE: For online purchases, all gift membership materials will automatically be sent directly to the gift giver identified as the Billing Contact within the purchasing process. You can expect to receive these materials by mail within 7 business days after completing your purchase.
If you have questions about Gift Memberships or would like to purchase by phone, please call us at 215.448.1200, Option 2 between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm daily.