Unforgettable Group Visits
Experience the fun and excitement of a visit to The Franklin Institute with your group! Special savings off our regular ticket prices are available for groups of 15 or more people. Advance reservations required.
Scheduling your visit is easy!
Or call 215.448.1200
|Admission Ticket||Youth (Ages 3-18)||Adults (Ages 19+)|
|Museum Admission (September 6, 2022 - June 16, 2023)||$14||$17|
|Museum Admission (June 17, 2023 - September 1, 2023)||$17||$17|
|Museum Admission + Disney100: The Exhibition (February 21- June 16, 2023)||$28||$34|
|Museum Admission + Disney100: The Exhibition (Begins June 17, 2023)||$34||$34|
|Upgrade to include Planetarium (more information below)||$5||$5|
|Upgrade to include a Live Science Demonstration (more information below)||$5||$5|
|Lunchroom Reservation (more information below)||$25 per time slot|
Group Visit Information & Policies
- Youth groups are required to have 1 chaperone per 10 children.
- Chaperones rates are offered to youth groups visiting Monday-Friday, not including holidays or summer trips.
- Chaperones must be 19 years of age or older.
- For general admission, youth groups receive 1 chaperone at no cost for every 10 children. Additional chaperones pay the adult rate.
- For Disney100: The Exhibition, youth groups receive 1 chaperone at the child rate ($28) for every 10 children, now through June 16, 2023. After June 16, 2023, chaperone rates do not apply.
- Chaperone rates are applied to groups with 15 or more youth (ages 3-18).
- Youth group members must remain with a chaperone and cannot explore the museum unattended.
Download the Chaperone Guide
- Groups brining lunch to eat onsite must reserve a brown bag lunchroom.
- Lunchrooms are reserved for 25-minute time slots at $25 per time slot and can accommodate up to 150 guests.
- Lunches must be packed together and in a box labeled with the group name.
- We do not have refrigerators available.
- If your group is planning to purchase lunch at The Eatery cafeteria, advanced notice is required. Please contact us at 215.448.1200 to schedule a time slot.
- Groups must reserve and pay for planetarium shows prior to visiting.
- Planetarium shows are approximately 25 minutes long. Visit our Planetarium page for the schedule and additional information.
- Maximum group capacity is 120 guests per show.
Live Science Demonstration
- Groups may book a live science demonstration at the rate of $5 per guest for up to 120 guests. All guests, including chaperones, are subject to this rate.
- Live science demonstrations are approximately 25-minutes long and can only be booked for a 10:15 AM show time.
- Groups can choose either the Combustion show or the Liquid Air show:
- Combustion Show - Things heat up as we break down the 3 ingredients needed for any good combustion reaction at this fiery show.
- Liquid Air Show - Cool off with one of our favorite chemicals to use at The Franklin Institute, Liquid Nitrogen, as we explore how temperature affects matter at one of the longest-running shows at the museum.
Resources for Educators
- Access resources for educators, including educator exhibit guides and activity sheets.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your trip, please call 215.448.1200 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- We do not offer refunds for unused group tickets. If your group arrives with additional guests, the group leader must check-in at the ticket counter upon arrival and pay the new balance – group rates still apply.
- Payment in full is required three weeks prior to your visit. This gives us the opportunity to mail your tickets and will make your arrival significantly smoother and hassle-free.
- Your balance can be paid via credit card over the phone or check by mail.
Contact information listed below.
The Franklin Institute
Attn: Group Sales
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Daily)
Drop-Off, Pick-Up and Parking
- Drop-Off: A ten-minute drop-off and pick-up zone is available in front of The Franklin Institute on 20th Street.
- Pick-Up: Please designate a meet-up place upon arrival so that your group is ready for pick-up at the end of your day. During pick-up, buses should not arrive until your group is ready to depart and should not block the area for other groups waiting to load.
- Bus Parking: There is no on-site parking affiliated with The Franklin Institute. Please let your driver know they can park at the following location, which is within a 15-minute drive of the museum. Fees may apply.
Callowhill Bus Center (215-546-1706), located on Callowhill Street between Second and Third Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
- When your group arrives, please enter via the main entrance at the top of the steps on the 20th Street side of the museum.
- All group members should have wristbands on before entering the museum.
- If you have not received your tickets or wristbands, or need to make changes to your reservation, send the group leader to check-in at the ticketing desk. Other group members should wait outside the main entrance or to the left of the Ben Franklin statue in Franklin Hall.
- Lunches can be taken in through the 20th Street business entrance, located at street level to the right of the main steps, for storage in your assigned lunchroom (see Lunches section below for additional information).
- Coats should be left on the bus. We do not have a coat room.
- Guests with limited mobility and wheelchairs can enter at the 20th street business entrance. Elevators to the 2nd floor are located to the left inside the business entrance.
- The Franklin Institute is dedicated to providing an experience that is accessible to all visitors. Learn More