We care deeply about our guests, our employees, and our community. To best safeguard the health and safety of all, we have significantly enhanced our protocols and procedures. As we continue to monitor and review guidance from the city, state, federal government, and public health officials, we will adjust as necessary to adhere to changing guidelines.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information to prepare for your upcoming visit.
New Safety Guidelines. Same Science Fun.
Our world has changed, our mission and purpose have not. Our doors open again as of Wednesday, July 8, unveiling a modified museum experience designed to celebrate science in a safe and welcoming environment.
What to Expect
- Face coverings and no-touch temperature checks are required for staff and visitors, ages 3 and up.
- Advance tickets are required for ALL guests, including Members, with no online fees.
- We are operating in a reduced capacity with hourly timed tickets and ample signage and distance markings to support physical distancing.
- We have implemented enhanced daily protocols on top of our standard stringent cleanliness procedures that involve adding additional hand sanitization stations in public areas, the placement of antimicrobial films and protective coating on high-touch surfaces where possible, and the removal of unnecessary touchpoints for ease of visitor flow.
- Indoor eating and drinking are not allowed at this time. There are picnic tables available in Science Park for dining outdoors.
- Our new temporary hours are Wednesday through Sunday, from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. We are closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
What to Experience
We are taking your experience to a whole new level, celebrating science at a time when it matters most. Our doors will open to a new and modified museum experience that elevates your visit with a vibrant layer of live, interactive engagement led by the familiar faces of our talented science team.
Designed with safety first, your visit is yours to tailor. Explore our open exhibit galleries at your own pace, see a show in the Fels Planetarium, and choose from a selection of science-led experiences.
Your interactions with interpreters, curatorial teams, and staff scientists will take center stage like never before, and your visit will be enhanced by the meaningful connections that take place—alongside some fun and explosive science—and a new special summer exhibit!
The best and most important part is that our doors are open once again.
So, let’s celebrate science together.
Your Museum Experience Includes:
- All-New Special Exhibit: The Presidents by Madame Tussauds ($7 upcharge)
- First and second floor exhibits including The Giant Heart, Electricity, Your Brain, Train Factory, Changing Earth, Amazing Machine, and Space Command.
- Hourly Live Science Shows, including Liquid Air Show and Science of Combustion, performed from the PECO Live Science Stage in the Atrium.
- Live dissections will take place in The Giant Heart exhibit, projected on the wall for ease of viewing.
- Interact with familiar science team members who will roam the galleries offering science insight, curatorial highlights, and deeper exhibit engagement.
- Hourly Fels Planetarium shows.
- Interested in 3D printing and related innovations that emerged during the pandemic? Ask our Tech Expert who will show examples of 3D printed face shield visor bands we produced and deployed to local health care workers.
- Plus, 20,000 square feet of outdoor space for casual seating.
- A visit to the Sci-Store, a guest favorite!
*Some exhibitions and other high-touch components will remain temporarily closed, including Air Show, SportsZone, Tech Studio, Sir Isaac’s Loft, Observatory, and the IMAX® Theater.
Thank you for your patience and support as we implement these new changes. As this is an evolving situation, we will be closely monitoring and making necessary adjustments to our guidelines as needed for the health and well-being of our visitors and staff.