The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
- The IT Application Developer is responsible for the successful development, enhancement, and maintenance of Reporting, Client/Server, and Web applications
- Successful candidates will accomplish this by using established software development processes and project methodologies to solve complex technical problems and organize workload
- Produce work estimates and technical specifications from documented business requirements for IT Management review
- Participate in system design, analysis, and other process functions as required by management
- Performs coding according to technical specifications and development standards
- Work with management to develop delivery estimates and provide updates as requested
- Responsible for the delivery of products according to established timelines
- Required to keep abreast of new technologies through training, proactive research, and reading reference materials
- Communicate ideas for improving department processes with a positive and constructive attitude and for developing this attitude in others
- Keep IT management and others informed about work efforts and business relations challenges
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members and management in general and with direct regard to the progress of assignments, project task timelines, issues, and contingencies
- Two to three years of professional experience equivalent to a Programmer or Systems Analyst required
- Application Development skills, including database, client/server, and web
- Ability to work across multiple development platforms and frameworks .NET, XML, Microsoft Power Platform, ASP.Net, Word Press
- Two to three years of experience with Database Development, SQL Server, Stored Procedures, Functions, SSRS Report Services
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools: Power BI or Logi Analytics
- Bachelor's degree in technology major from an accredited institution of higher learning or equivalent experience
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a condition of employment at The Franklin Institute, employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to requests for accommodation.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.