The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Contact Center Representative is oftentimes the first point of contact for museum guests and is responsible for providing a world-class visitor experience and promoting a positive image for the museum through phone sales and interactions. This position will become an expert on The Franklin lnstitute's products and offerings, all related policies and procedures, and demonstrate proficiency with the ticketing system.
This position is part-time will report to the Assistant Director of Ticket Sales Operations and serve as support when needed.
- Contributes to an outstanding visitor experience by providing superior service during every interaction through reflective and active listening, addressing the customers' needs, providing information and assistance, and presenting a professional image for the museum
- Answer and process all inbound contact (calls, mail, email, fax) received by the museum; complete outbound calls as needed to follow up with guests
- Processes transactions with accuracy and according to departmental policies; handles cash and other forms of payment in a secure manner
- Assists with the fulfillment of ticket and membership mailings
- Become skilled in suggestive selling as well as Identify opportunities to promote membership as well as other ticket upgrade opportunities
- Adheres to museum policies, including those regarding attendance, punctuality, and dress code
- Assists in floor operations and special events as directed by the management team.
- Continuously expand personal and required knowledge of museum programs, exhibits, theater shows
- Attends all orientation, training, and all-staff meetings
- Perform basic clerical duties (filing, data entry, and copying) as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- At least two years of any combination of training or experience in customer/guest services, hospitality, or event management
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends and holidays
- Must have a good phone manner, pleasant demeanor, and genuine interest in communication with members of the public and providing assistance to guests
- Proficiency in digital tools including Microsoft products and willingness to learn new systems
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or protected veteran status.