General Admission Hours
The Franklin Institute is open daily from 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Closed November 23, December 24-25, and January 1, 2024.
We are upgrading our museum! We heard our visitors, and we are working to bring new experiences to the museum. Some areas are closed as we build these new experiences, but we have plenty of activities to fill up your day; just check out our schedule!
General Museum Admission
Child (3-11): $21
Member Adult or Child (3-18): FREE
Members of The Franklin Institute enjoy valuable benefits, including unlimited FREE general admission and exclusive discounts on special exhibitions, parking, Sci-Store purchases, and more – all for one full year!
Parking & Directions
The Franklin Institute science museum is located in Center City Philadelphia, at the intersection of 20th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The main pedestrian entrance is at street level to the right of the museum steps.
The museum's parking garage entrance is located behind the building at the intersection of 21st Street and Winter Street. The GPS address of our parking garage entrance is 271 North 21st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Please Note: The Franklin Institute’s parking garage has direct access to the museum. The garage has a limited number of spaces and reaches capacity often. Parking is $20 per vehicle. TFI Members save $5!
Be advised that The Franklin Institute garage has a height limit of 6'5" and has limited parking for oversized vans, trucks, and SUVs.
View Directions to Alternate Parking Locations
- If you are traveling to The Franklin Institute by SEPTA's Regional Rail or Amtrak, Suburban Station and 30th Street Station are short cab rides away. If you are able, Suburban Station is in close walking distance and 30th Street is in moderately close walking distance. Go to SEPTA for transit schedules and use their trip planner for helpful hints on getting around the city or visit Amtrak for directions from 30th Street Station. Philadelphia bus riders may also choose SEPTA bus routes 32, 33, 38, or 49.
- If you are riding the PATCO Hi-Speedline from South Jersey, take it to 15th/16th Streets and Locust. From there, you are a short cab ride to or in moderately close walking distance from The Franklin Institute.
- Take the Philly PHLASH to stop #12 to visit The Franklin Institute from any of the 19 other stops.
- Also on SEPTA, from Delaware County, take the Norristown 100 Line to the 69th Street Terminal. Ride the Market-Frankford line to 30th Street. From there, you can take the free transfer to the Trolley Green Line to 19th Street. The Elwyn Regional Rail Line will also work.
- You can travel to Philadelphia from many locations in New Jersey. Visit our Trip Planner for rail stations and bus stops, schedules and fare options, and connections with other NJ TRANSIT, SEPTA and PATCO services. Our Trip Planner can be found at njtransit.com or by downloading the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App™.