This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
The Senior Director, HR Operations and Talent Development, is a key member of the Human Resources Department leadership team and is responsible for directing the strategy, design, and ongoing refinement of HR programs and processes across a wide range of areas including but not limited to talent acquisition, talent development/succession planning, performance management, organization development, total rewards (compensation and benefits) and HR information systems.
In addition, he/she will have Strategic Human Resources Business Partner type responsibilities for a small portfolio of clients the Institute (HR, Finance, and IT departments plus the Office of the President) which will account for 25%-time allocation. In this capacity, he or she will be responsible to establish and maintain strong working relationships with departmental managers and leaders who need guidance and support related to implementation of HR processes as well as other general HR employee relation matters
He/she will have formal managerial accountability for a small staff of HR professionals (about 2 to 3 professional and administrative staff) and vendors.
He/she also supports other HR strategic initiatives as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
The Senior Director, HR Operations and Talent Development will be an excellent process and program developer and excellent relationship builder with a highly collaborative and inclusive approach who applies a consultative approach and a flexible attitude to achieving outcomes, as well as navigate competing agendas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the human resources field, non-profit environment experience preferred
- Broad-based knowledge of federal, state, and local laws relevant to the role (e.g,. FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, ERISA, and OSHA)
- Prior experience designing and implementing HR programs and processes across a wide range of areas, including but not limited to talent acquisition, performance management, talent development, organizational culture, employee engagement, and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience working with senior level leadership across different functions
- Strong consultative skills to guide leaders and employees at all levels through challenging situations that may have legal, motivational, and emotional implications
- Proven strategic communication skills with insight for development and execution of communication strategy
- High level of proficiency with technology including MS Office applications and hands-on experience and knowledge of ADP (HR information systems)
- Experience and proven results with process improvement
- Influencing skills
- Change management knowledge and skills
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generation Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
Working at The Franklin Institute
Advance your career by working at The Franklin Institute! Applications from candidates at all levels of training, experience, and education are accepted for positions in administrative, curatorial, security, trade, and professional areas. The Franklin Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted to our Human Resources Department in a variety of ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.)
The Franklin Institute
ATTN: Human Resources Department
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Delivery: 20th Street Business Entrance or Bartol Atrium Security Desk