The Bower Award for Business Leadership is presented annually to a leader in American business or industry, who, in his/her life and work, personifies outstanding qualities and attainments in leadership, the advancement of sound economic practices, and adherence to the highest ethical standards.
Please share this call for nominations with others who might wish to make a nomination. Questions about the appropriateness of a particular nomination are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Frederic Bertley, Vice President, The Franklin Institute, at the number and/or address listed in the nomination section.
- Any leader or former leader of an American-based company is eligible, who, in his/her life and work, personifies outstanding qualities and attainments in leadership, the advancement of sound economic practices, and adherence to the highest ethical standards.
- All nominees will be considered regardless of the relative size of the business or industry (Will of Henry Bower, 1986).
- Special consideration will be given to achievements in business leadership that reflect the practical, useful, entrepreneurial, humanitarian, and philanthropic spirit of Benjamin Franklin.
- Candidates for the award must be living, and the winner must participate in The Franklin Institute Awards Ceremony in Philadelphia.
- This award is for an individual rather than a group.
- Nominations will be accepted from any individual, organization, or institution. Carefully evaluated nominations will be presented to the Bower Business Award Selection Committee, a panel of experts from science, technology, and business, which recommends an award recipient.
- The nomination of the proposed finalist is brought before the Board of Trustees of The Franklin Institute for final approval.
Nominations must be submitted in English and must include the following:
- Name, Occupational Address, Phone, Fax, and Email of nominee
- Name, Occupational Address, Phone, Fax, and Email of nominator
- Curriculum Vitae or Detailed Biography of nominee
- A Proposed Citation - limit to 1 or 2 sentences
- A Narrative Statement describing the nominee's qualifications for the Award
- Four confidential Letters of Support requested by the nominator mailed directly to the Director of Awards Program at The Franklin Institute
Nominations and full package of materials should be mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
Director of Awards Program
The Franklin Institute
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194
Email: email@example.com 
For questions, contact:
Frederic Bertley, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President
The Franklin Institute
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Deadline is OPEN.