The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that’s as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you’ll find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The SQL Data Administrator is a unique opportunity that will support The Franklin Institute’s data and analytics systems and end users. The position requires the ability to work with internal and external colleagues on customer data, system maintenance and analytics, including designing and documenting complex analytic reports to meet business needs, as well as coordinating resolution of issues that arise during assignments.
Attention to detail, complex problem-solving, and strong communication are critical skills for this position. Requires strong technical skillset and expertise in the areas of data structures, data extraction, data analysis, and presentation of analyses, as well as familiarity with the typical architecture or elements of business information systems. The SQL Data Administrator will also be responsible for:
- Independently investigate, analyze, diagnose, and correct data and system issues in real-time, working with vendors and internal colleagues as needed to provide problem resolution end-to-end.
- Write SQL queries and develop analytic reports analyze data from various data sources.
- Coordinate with other departments on quality assurance to develop analytic reports as needed to ensure accuracy and meet business requirements.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to end-users to help them meet business needs efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in the development of applications, coordination of data migration, conversion planning, and programming of new or improved database systems and integrations, including testing and installing upgrades and patches.
- Assist with researching, recommending, and implementing new reporting methods, processes, and tools.
- Establish and maintain an effective and collaborative relationship with end users and team members.
- Other duties as assigned to meet organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent industry experience
- Must be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Must have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- SQL experience required
- Able to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations.
- Microsoft Power Platform, SQL Server, SSRS, or SharePoint experience preferred
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an eagerness to learn new skill sets and apply them towards project and team success
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generation Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
How to apply:
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.