The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Human Resources Benefits Administrator/Generalist is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plans). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually works with the Broker to investigate new benefits programs, improve existing programs, and supervises and monitors the benefits administration.
Generalist duties include workforce planning, recruiting and interviewing, administering pay, employee benefits communications, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position will assist the Director of Human Resources with compensation, performance management, various projects, and other related HR generalist responsibilities as assigned.
The Human Resources Benefits Administrator/Generalist will also be responsible for:
- Administer all aspects of the Institute's Benefit program
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing programs by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents, and other media for communicating plans to employees.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Plan, organize, and coordinate logistics of annual Open Enrollment and Flu Shot Clinic
- Responsible for having overall knowledge of all human resource functions. Provide exceptional communication and service to employees.
- Responsible for all benefit communications
- Assist staff in resolving benefit claim issues
- ACA monitoring and reporting
- Assist Director of HR with managing and administering 401k plan
- Work closely with payroll to ensure accuracy of payroll deductions
- Ability to present during new employee onboarding presentation
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field with four (4) years’ experience in benefits administration. Must have a minimum of 2 years generalist experience. SHRM Certification is a plus
- Experience in recruitment, selection, and hiring is required
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel, experience with HRIS, preferably ADP
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be detailed oriented with excellent organization skills
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.