The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. We need enthusiastic, energetic, and FUN staff members to assist us with the Harry Potter: The Exhibition. This key role will be essential to our success in hosting this BLOCKBUSTER exhibit. Come be part of the team!
The Guest Experience Associates are the main point of contact for guests while they visit The Franklin Institute and are responsible for several aspects contributing to the success of day-to-day museum operation. They will be skilled at guest relations, ticket and member sales, and general museum operations.
This is a temporary position that will end in September 2022.
- Provide and promote excellent customer service in an enthusiastic and engaging manner while demonstrating in-depth knowledge of The Franklin Institute.
- Assist guests with developing a plan of action for their day’s activities by providing personalized suggestions and disseminating museum information.
- Utilize Galaxy Point of Sale ticketing system to process visitor transactions including but not limited to selling tickets and memberships, scanning and verifying tickets, and applying discounts while practicing proper cash handling procedures in a professional and courteous manner.
- Operate exhibit and gallery entry process while answering questions and providing guests information on how to navigate the exhibit in an outgoing manner.
- Resolve sensitive guest situations on an individual basis through personal interaction and guidance from the Guest Experience Management team to determine and provide an appropriate level of guest recovery.
- Actively monitor the ticketing and planetarium queues to maintain crowd control.
- Assist guests with special accommodations and in emergencies.
- Actively participate in a fun, positive, and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate, GED
- Superior customer service and communication skills with a professional work ethic
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised in areas of the museum, as well as contribute within a team structure
- Outgoing, positive, team-oriented personality with an ability to appreciate and empathize with the feelings of others
- Excellent cash handling skills
- Ability to arrive at work location for all scheduled shifts on time
- Adheres to all established museum policies and guidelines
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours without a break
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as at least two weeks after your final dose. Medical and religious exemptions will apply.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or protected veteran status.