The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Guest Experience Supervisor will supervise and execute aspects of the museum floor operations with a primary focus on the ticketing and guest services functions. This position serves as a liaison between the front-line staff and the Management Team and will provide strict oversight to the floor operations as well as provide on-going Guest service and system coaching to Front Line Staff. The supervisor will also assist Managers in the development and implementation of new internal and external Guest Service and Training Initiatives. The Guest Experience Supervisor will also be responsible for:
- Supervise all departmental staff members and assist with any job function when needed
- Successfully oversee the daily operating plan, including management of first aid and lost and found
- Create a fun, positive, inclusive team environment for all staff members
- Monitor departmental standards with a focus on delivering a World Class Visitor Experience
- Assist with customer service training and reward and recognition programs for all front-line staff
- Adjust staff members on the daily schedule to cover the museum based upon the days business pressures
- Be a significant presence on the floor to ensure all areas are operating successfully and that the staff members are having fun
- Ensure the security of all revenue collected through the ticketing area by observing established theft deterrence measures
- Execute the daily box office cash out including verifying all vouchers and coupons
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred or a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience managing staff in a sales and customer service setting are required.
- Proven success operating within a high-volume ticketed venue or visitor facing organization
- Experience coaching, motivating, and monitoring staff members in a fun, energetic environment
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Status: Part-time, 30 hours per week. The work schedule is varied, but primarily Wednesday through Sunday. This is subject to change at any time based upon business needs and attendance. Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays during the busy season.
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com (please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line). We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a condition of employment at The Franklin Institute, employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to requests for accommodation.