The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The External Affairs Assistant provides administrative support to the External Affairs team, including gift entry, acknowledgement writing and data entry. The External Affairs Assistant serves as the day-to-day contact and provides customer service to internal and external audiences. The External Affairs Assistant will also be responsible for:
- Complete daily gift processing including gift entry, distributing giving reports and filing gift documentation.
- Work with External Affairs staff to generate acknowledgements, obtain approvals and signatures for correspondence.
- Manage event responses, generate rsvp lists, create name tags and provide onsite support.
- Provide day-to-day support including scheduling meetings, distribution of mail, responding to general or event related inquiries, maintaining office supply inventory, submitting invoices and expenses.
- Reserve tickets for prospects and donors as needed.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of External Affairs Operations, complete Raiser’s Edge data standardization and clean-up projects.
- Provide support for External Affairs and Museum events.
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- One year of cash handling and customer service experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Experience with point of sale (i.e.Galaxy, Siriusware, ACME) or relationship management software (i.e Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, Salesforce).
- Accuracy and great attention to detail required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Self-driven, pro-active, with an ability to work effectively and independently.
Status: Full Time
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or protected veteran status.