The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Director of Marketing and Promotions will be responsible for planning and overseeing the execution of comprehensive, integrated marketing campaigns that meet or exceed revenue goals for all Institute exhibits, programs, and initiatives. The successful candidate will work collaboratively on a team and with colleagues throughout the organization and in the community. The successful candidate should be experienced in all advertising media vehicles, have a track record of planning effective promotional strategies and events, and the analytical skills to analyze data to pivot marketing campaigns, as needed. Leadership, strategic and creative thinking skills are a must. The Director of Marketing and Promotions will also be responsible for:
- Creating and overseeing execution of cross-functional marketing plans for the museum, its programs, and exhibitions that meet or exceed attendance and revenue goals.
- Developing messaging and targeting strategies for advertising campaigns, overseeing development of creative executions.
- Analyzing campaign data and developing strategies to pivot, as needed, to maximize effectiveness.
- Ensuring brand messaging and identity consistency across all communications.
- Working closely with exhibition partners in the marketing of traveling exhibitions.
- Managing media planning/buying agency partner.
- Developing relationships with all facets of media to secure important trade and programming to promote the Institute’s goals.
- Planing and executing promotional events.
- Managing, mentoring, and building morale among direct-reports.
- Staying current with industry trends and best practices to ensure that marketing strategies stay up to date with new ad product and placement opportunities to maximize ROI on campaigns.
- Developing mutually beneficial relationships with other cultural organizations, including VisitPhiladelphia, PHLCVB, and the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance.
- Staffing marketing events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Minimum eight (8) years of marketing experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in museum, themed entertainment, sports, or attractions marketing strongly preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working with ticketing systems and customer database management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM platforms
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generation Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.