The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing digital marketing strategies to drive business and brand growth across the fi.edu website and the Institute's email marketing programs. These platforms are critical sources of information about the museum's science content, exhibits, and events, driving significant revenue.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a crucial player in enhancing brand/program awareness and consideration within the digital space, driving website traffic, and acquiring customers. In support of the Marketing, Communications, and Digital Media team, the Digital Marketing Coordinator will collaborate with the broader marketing team, cross-functional internal partners, and agency partners to contribute to The Franklin Institute's digital transformation and institutional goals.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Plan, execute and optimize all e-marketing campaigns on behalf of The Franklin Institute.
- Manage day-to-day updates of The Franklin Institute's website, fi.edu.
- Write and coordinate approval of copy for emails, fi.edu, and other digital channels.
- Provide regular, detailed analysis of key metrics and program tracking techniques to increase website search performance and efficiency.
- Manage marketing strategies in key digital marketing channels (Paid Search, Google My Business, TripAdvisor, Yelp, and other related online platforms), from ideation to creation to execution.
- Develop and maintain digital marketing performance recaps and forecasting that inform actionable strategies to increase new customer acquisition and drive revenue. Optimize conversion tracking across platforms to ensure accurate reporting of referral campaigns.
- Utilize SEO best practices and develop strategies for implementation and analysis. Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to create and implement keyword and search strategies to improve site performance, ranking, and user experience. Prepare ad content, creatives, and campaigns for Google Adwords and Google Ad Grants.
- Manage and maintain event listings on appropriate websites to maximize the promotion of all TFI public events.
- Project manage digital creative through creation to delivery as needed.
- Staff marketing events, including occasional evenings and weekends, and perform other duties as needed.
- B.S. or B.A degree with a minimum of two years' full-time experience managing content, production, and optimization for websites and email marketing programs.
- Individual must be creative, proactive, and passionate about communicating via digital.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while monitoring real-time science news and experiences is a must.
- Must have excellent writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills, be highly organized, and have an acute eye for detail.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience in digital platforms, content management systems (specifically Drupal), and emerging media use.
- Must have HTML formatting skills, including HTML email best practices.
- Experience publishing content on a CMS-driven website is highly desirable.
- Understanding of SEO and SEM, including link-building expertise and Google Search marketing platforms.
- M.S. Excel fluency required.
- Must have knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras and basic photo editing skills, including manipulating, crop, and enhancing images as needed for publishing on website Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience working with Google Analytics and other analytics tools and generating metrics tracking reports for broad distribution required. M.S. Excel fluency required.
- Google Certification is a plus
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.