The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Assistant Director of Operations, Safety & Security will be responsible for overseeing the contract services staff including building cleaners and security services. These duties will also include the supervision and management of in-house staff assigned to operations and security. This position will work with the other operations management staff to ensure a clean and safe facility for both staff and guests. The Assistant Director of Operations, Safety & Security will also be responsible for:
- Manage the order system for events and exhibit related work
- Maintain proper staffing levels as indicated in the annual budget
- Oversee the workplace safety committee, which includes leading the monthly committee meetings and making sure the committee meets the criteria to remain certified in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Manage the incident reporting by reviewing all incidents inputted by floor staff and/or security in the database and identify incidents that need to be reported to the insurance company
- Report most non-worker’s compensation claims; including general liability, auto, and property claims
- Serve as the point of contact for insurance and legal claims
- Manage the systems in place at TFI; including the systems for video, access, and intrusion
- Attend trade shows or events to stay up to date on changes in technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or relative experience in operations, security, or law enforcement
- 5 years of experience in a management role
- Experience working in a museum, hospitality, or entertainment venue
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Above-average grammar and punctuation skills are required
- The ability to work varied shifts and hours as required
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as at least two weeks after your final dose. Medical and religious exemptions will apply.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com (please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line). We look forward to hearing from you!
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.