The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Assistant Director of Guest Experience will oversee and direct all aspects of the museum floor operations with a primary focus on the ticketing and guest services functions. This person will establish and monitor daily operating standards for the museum floor operations. The Assistant Director of Guest Experience is a senior member of the Business Operations Department, acting as a liaison for the department with both internal and external customers. This position will lead the team that ensures millions of guests annually have a world-class experience and memorable moments that last a lifetime. The Assistant Director of Guest Experience will also be responsible for:
- Develop and monitor operational plan for the Guest Experience department that clearly defines roles and standards. Continually update this plan to support the changing museum environment
- Supervise and mentor Guest Experience Managers who are responsible for the successful implementation of the daily operating plan
- Work with HR on workforce planning to ensure appropriate staffing needs can be measured; training and development goals can be established, and contingent workforce options can be used to create an optimally staffed and trained workforce able to respond to the needs of the business.
- Responsible for setting department performance standards and expectations, including conducting annual performance reviews for direct reports and support Guest Experience Managers with performance reviews for floor staff
- Work with HR to develop and deliver customer service training reward and recognition programs for all front line staff
- Responsible for the security of all revenues collected through the ticketing areas. Develop and practice theft deterrence measures as well as establish best practices for reporting and reconciling daily transaction revenues
- Responsible for the timely completion of Payroll and schedules for the front line staff, managers, and assistant managers
- Develop monthly work schedule in line with department budget
- Manage department spending according to budget
- Maintain a presence on the floor to ensure all areas are operating successfully
- Act as the museums guest liaison with our guests with ADA compliance assistance
- Oversee vending and souvenir machine vending programs
- Assist the Director of Business Operations on various projects as assigned
- Will perform the role of the Guest Experience Manager in their absence
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred or a minimum of five to seven years’ experience managing front line and managerial level staff in a sales and customer service setting
- Proven operational success working within a high volume ticketed venue or visitor facing organization
- Excellent coaching and training ability and a proven track record of managing employees while providing excellent customer service
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.