The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Accounting Coordinator maintains account receivables, resolves aged/stale-dated payable checks, and performs other day-to-day accounting responsibilities. The Accounting Coordinator will report to the Controller with a dotted line to the Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis.
The Accounting Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Maintains accounts receivable including customer set up, issuing invoices, and making collection calls
- Monitors and resolves aged payable checks
- Ownership of unclaimed property tracking/reporting
- Maintenance, review & upkeep of Travel and Expense System
- Primary backup for Accounts Payable
- Opens and distributes department mail
- Management and filing of departmental documents/records retention
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 1 to 3 years of business office experience
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel)
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, proactive, and be a team player
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as at least two weeks after your final dose. Medical and religious exemptions will apply.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or protected veteran status.