We care deeply about our guests, our employees, and our community. To best safeguard the health and safety of all, we have significantly enhanced our protocols and procedures.
What to Expect
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth and fit closely against the sides of the face are required for all guests ages 3 and up.
- Please note: Face shields alone are not an acceptable form of face covering. Guests wearing face shields will be given a disposable mask to wear in addition to or as a replacement for the face shield.
- No-touch temperature checks are required for guests ages 3 and up.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols, including the addition of hand sanitization stations, the placement of antimicrobial films on high-touch surfaces where possible, and the removal of unnecessary touchpoints for ease of visitor flow.
- Advance tickets are required for ALL guests, including Members—with no online fees.
- We are operating at a reduced capacity with hourly timed tickets and ample signage and distance markings to support physical distancing.
- New hours: Wednesday through Friday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; closed Monday - Tuesday.
What to Experience
Designed with safety first, your visit is yours to tailor.
- Explore iconic exhibits at your own pace, including The Giant Heart, Electricity, Your Brain, Train Factory, Changing Earth, Amazing Machine, Space Command, and Sir Issac's Loft.
- Experience Live Science Shows including Liquid Air Show and Science of Combustion.
- See live dissections in the Giant Heart exhibit, projected on the wall for ease of viewing.
- Watch shows in the Fels Planetarium.
- Discover the latest Artificial Intelligence capabilities and future possibilities in the newest iteration of Now/Next.
- Relax and recharge at Creation Station for Tots, a “build-and-play” pop-up space designed with tiny tots in mind.
- Learn about 3D printing from tech experts in the Tech Studio.
- All new food and beverage options are now available in the café with socially-distanced indoor seating options. Please note: Masks may only be removed while eating in this designated area and outdoors.
- Enjoy lunch outdoors in Science Park a 20,000 square-foot outdoor space, newly-transformed with picnic tables and canopies designed for casual seating and eating.
- A visit to the Sci-Store!
*Some exhibits and other high-touch components will remain temporarily closed, including Air Show, SportsZone, the Holt & Miller Observatory, and the Tuttleman IMAX® Theater.
As we continue to monitor and review guidance from the city, state, federal government, and public health officials, we will adjust as necessary to adhere to changing guidelines.