In addition to our regular evening hours, the exhibit will be open until 8pm December 29th and 30th (last ticket 6:30pm)
See all holiday hours
With a 76,000-ball pit as its centerpiece, a horizontal climbing wall, a train car jump, lock picking challenges, upside-down tic-tac-toe, and more—this kid-friendly experience immerses you in various challenges to build your survival smarts.
“It’s really a safe and playful way to activate the book and unleash your inner survival expert and your inner action hero.” —co-author David Borgenicht
Hall of Fame Gallery + Tools for Survival
Survival pros line the walls, their stories revealed through artifacts, photos, videos and original illustrations from the book series. From a cell phone to an avalanche beacon—everyday tools for survival and those the pros use are showcased in the intro gallery.
- Escape quicksand, learn to fall safely, and create and survive an avalanche—in the massive ball pit.
- Use everyday materials like bobby pins to try to pick a lock.
- Scale a wall horizontally to practice how to survive rising floodwaters and similar dangers.
- Practice your lie detection ability on a partner.
- Hop between simulated train car platforms and jump (and roll) to safety.
- Discover how your mind adjusts to changes in the environment by playing tic-tac-toe while upside-down.
- Spin the wheel and uncover what to do when faced with an angry mountain lion, or a herd of elephants in your path.
Fend off a shark. Survive a riptide. Escape a sinking car or killer bees.
Detailed graphics reveal the expert-based survival steps for real-life situations—pulled straight from the book.
A live actor dubbed the “Worst Case Pro” will help you get in survival mode and remind you to always: Be Prepared. Don’t Panic. Have a Plan.
Open Now through April 19, 2020