Creativity is inside each of us—we just need to ignite it! Experience an immersive, colorful, and wildly fun exhibition that taps into the creativity we all have. At Crayola IDEAworks, you’ll think outside the box through state-of-the-art interactives as you answer questions, create solutions, and solve challenges that refine and define your own creative style. Think you’re not creative? Think again!
Walking into Crayola IDEAworks, you'll choose an icon and scan your RFID wristband that will capture your interactions throughout the exhibition for a completely personalized experience. A brief intro video will provide a glimpse into your colorful journey and Crayola innovation.
Let the fun begin! First, you’ll visit four vibrant hubs where you will answer questions and complete activities to earn badges. Here you will practice the steps to solving a problem and begin to discover your personal creative strengths. Scan your band, answer questions, and collect badges!
• Pitch a product! Fill in the blanks to develop a product pitch that’s delivered onscreen by an animated shark and see how others rate the pitch—would they buy the product?
• It’s time to plant a garden; what will you do first? Prioritize the steps.
• Using foam noodles and connectors, can you create solutions to three building challenges?
• Differentiate between what’s fact, false, or opinion in a fast-paced, timed game.
Once you’ve explored each hub of the IDEA Workshop, you’ve earned your badges. Nicely done!
Now, step through the Color Wheel Portal and into the bustling Colorverse® to put your skills to the test.
Let the creativity flow! Here you’ll travel to the city, into space, and under the sea, racing to discover innovative solutions to actual problems scientists are researching right now! Scan your band, answer questions, and collect badges!
• Communicate from Mars. Broadcast the news from Mars in a green screen environment. Take questions and accept challenges from your virtual astronaut co-host.
• Restore coral reefs. Create sounds that attract new fish. Be sure to play only the good tones and learn why.
• Solve city planning problems. Plan an eco-friendly city with booming businesses and efficient transportation plans.
• Make a (fashion) statement! Color a digital piece of clothing, add a meaningful message, scan your drawing, and virtually “try on” your design. Inspire others to join your cause!
After you’ve earned your badges in the Colorverse®, it’s time to see which of your creative strengths shined the brightest during your visit. Well done!
Pass through the final Color Wheel Portal, and with one last swipe of your band, you’ll receive your personalized summary of strengths and a sticker for your band—which is now your IDEAworks souvenir.
Get set to Open YOUR MIND, Make YOUR MARK, and Color YOUR WORLD!
Now open through November 28
Parents and Educators: Make the most of your visit with this downloadable Educators Guide.