Friday, October 28, 2022 - 7:30pm to 11:30pm
We’re Back, and this year you won’t be able to escape the Shock! The Chills! and the Gasps! As Fright @ Night returns for an evening that will leave you howling. Halloween costumes are encouraged, so the one thing you shouldn’t be afraid of this evening is standing out.
- FIRESTONE is an engineer, classically trained vocalist, and the DJ-creator of Polari: A Queer Agenda. They bring their especially bright sound, mixing hyper pop, R&B, and club into house, disco, and techno, to the Fels Planetarium Dance Floor.
- The sideshow takes the main stage as Philly’s first Clownbabe, Mackenzie Moltov, hosts and performs stunts that will take you to the edge of your seat alongside Jellyboy The Clown and Matterz Squidling, cofounders of the Squidling Brother's Circus Side Show.
- Looking to push your limits even further with our sideshow performers? Author, adventurer & physician Jonathan Reisman, M.D., along with The Franklin Institute's Chief Bioscientist, Jayatri Das Ph.D., bring tonight's performers to the That’s Gross stage for a deeper dive into their acts.
- Philly’s glamorous ghoul of drag, Onyx Ondyx, summons sinister energy for an evening of Drag Bingo you won’t forget.
- Concert thereminist Mano Divina shows you how he bends electricity with his hands with theremin science and demonstrations.
Tickets: $40 in advance | $45 day of at the door | Member Ticket: $35
- Evening access to all The Franklin Institute’s core exhibits and galleries, along with our seasonal spaces for Franklin Fright
- Limited Edition lapel pin created exclusively for the event
- Access to our roof deck, offering spectacular views of the city and facilitated stargazing (weather permitting)
- Food and drink provided by Seravezza Events, available a la carte, at cash bars located throughout the museum.
What to know:
- This is a 21+ event (A valid form of identification will be checked upon entry)
- Only small clutch bags allowed (4.5”x6.5”)
- Doors for the event open at 7:30 pm. The majority of programming will begin around 8:30 pm, with more details announced closer to the event date.
- Costumes are encouraged, though there is no formal dress code for Science After Hours. Shoes, tops, and bottoms are required for entry at every event. No full-face coverings or weapons allowed.
- Everyone is subject to search upon event entry.
- The Franklin Institute does not discriminate based on gender or orientation, race, or religion. Anybody found to harass other guests will be escorted from the event.
- The Franklin Institute follows the City of Philadelphia’s health and safety measures and will adhere to changes made to vaccination and mask policies in place during the event date.