Celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride Month
Saturday, June 25, 2022 - 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month (LGBTQ Pride Month) is celebrated annually in June to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots and works to achieve equal justice and equal opportunity for LGBTQ+ Americans.
On Saturday, June 25, from 12-4 pm, join us for a special day of programming that highlights the contributions of some of the amazing Philadelphia organizations that help uplift, educate, and nourish our LGBTQ+ community, especially our young members and their families. Celebrate with one-of-a-kind experiences that blur the line between science and performance for some of the most whimsical shows and demonstrations you have ever seen.
All programming is included with your museum admission. Free for Franklin Institute Members!
- Watch routines and learn how to tumble with Philly Cheer Elite, who through cheerleading, help bring awareness and support to organizations and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Immerse yourself in live art with Liquid Light Lab, providing a technicolor visual landscape made right before your eyes.
- Enjoy bubbles outside with our STEM Scholars and local bubble queen, Allison Horn, for hands-on activities and joyful play.
- Special demonstrations that combine science and drag, happening throughout the day. The special show schedule includes:
- The QUEENS OF HEARTS DISSECTION with The Eric Jaffe and Zsa Zsa Dali at 1:00 and 3:00 pm at the Heart Bar located in The Giant Heart Exhibit | Floor 2
- SOUND & MUSIC SHOW with Iris Spectre and Sapphira CrIstal at 1:00 and 3:00 pm in the Franklin Memorial | Floor 2
And don’t forget to let your colors shine as you strut down our illuminated runway located in the Franklin Memorial!