Tickets Now On Sale!
Friday, April 1, 2022 - 8:00pm to 11:00pm
Science After Hours kicks off the 2022 season with a fantastic dream, adding that extra je ne sais quoi to Philly’s nightlife scene for one night only. While inspired by the famous Moulin Rouge, this evening’s spectacular spectacle will be Philly flavored, with acts that delight and excite spread across the museum for you to explore. Created for the curious at heart, Spectacular Spectacular will get you involved, to write the story of the night with interactive performances and live music. Attendees should live the fantasy and come dressed for the production in fashionable flair.
Come hear the band
Come play a game
Come have a drink (or two)
Come learn a move
Start celebrating, because life is a cabaret, and you are invited to SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR!
- Evening access to all of Franklin Institute’s museums and galleries
- A night under the stars with roof deck viewing (weather permitting)
- Food and drink provided by Seravezza (additional charge)
Tickets: $40 in advance
Tickets: $45 at the door
Member Tickets: $35
Become a Member today and save.
- Bingo! Hosted by Johnny Showcase, with special guests: Rumi Kitchen & Rose Luardo. After appearing on NBC’s America’s Got Talent, one of Philly’s best-kept secrets is a secret no longer. The often-sweaty showman and bandleader of the power funk group Johnny Showcase & The Mystic Ticket, Johnny Showcase, along with Rumi Kitchen and Rose Luardo, will lead a prize-filled Bingo like no other. Blissfully toeing the line between performance art and soul revival, this electrifying experience will see sparks fly, but will you be lucky enough to catch one?
- Philadelphia Argentine Tango School. Get ready for a close embrace when teachers from the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School teach you how to navigate the social dance floor, move with the music, and communicate with your partner. Looking to be more of a spectator? Dancers from the local Philadelphia tango community will heat up the dance floor during the “milonga” (social dancing) hours of the night.
- SNACKTIME PHILLY! Established in the Spring of 2020, SNACKTIME PHILLY is an unapologetically positive and resonant band that can’t be missed. A direct reflection of Philadelphia, they are loud, high-energy, talented, and HUNGRY! Their performance promises to be a non-stop booty-shaking party that can’t be missed.
- Starlight Lounge. With a soundtrack created by local nostalgia king, Skeme Richards, kick back and relax under the stars in our Fels Planetarium. This evening’s mix will explore the music used to interpret what the sound of space would be as portrayed visually and sonically by science fiction films from the 1960s; ultimately jazzy, soulful, and often funky.
- The Philadelphia School of Circus Arts. Step right up because Philadelphia’s premiere school for recreational circus classes invites you into the ring to try your hand at multiple interactive stations. From the tightwire to hula hoops, spinning a plate, or going for a swing, you’ll find your moment in the spotlight; or stick around for a performance from one of their pros.
- The Sights and Sounds Science Revue. Take a trip to the far sides of science with your host, Compère, for a cerebral celebration of aural and visual delights. Is this variety show a menagerie of madness or a foursome of follies? It's a little bit of both. So, swing by, drop in and stay as long as you want in this ongoing environment of entertainment.
What to Know Before You Go:
- This is a 21+ event. Cash bar with themed cocktails and food.
- Only small clutch bags approximately the size of a hand (MAX 4.5”x 6.5”) are allowed.
- Tickets at the door are $45 on the day of the event ($35 for Members).
In addition to Spectacular Spectacular, three other Science After Hours branded events will occur in 2022:
- Summer Ball (Friday, June 24, 2022): Keep things rolling with an evening that reminds us to be loud and proud as we celebrate Pride Month with a celebration for the senses.
- Fright @ Night (Friday, October 28, 2022): Add a dash of mischief and intrigue to your fall festivities for a night of tricks and treats.
- Flannel & Frost (Friday, December 9, 2022): Wrap up the season with cozy vibes and good company for a holiday gathering that keeps the lights bright and the spirits high.