Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Forensic science meets the classic murder mystery game in this evening of whodunit, with what, and where. Was it Colonel Mustard in the Ballroom? Miss Scarlet in the Observatory? The clues run deep, and the theatrics over the top—a night no ‘Boddy’ should miss.
Interact with the “suspects” and search the museum’s halls and secret passageways for clues that will help solve the mock murder. Step into the shoes of a detective and meet local forensic experts to learn the techniques professionals use, from basic crime scene investigation to advanced DNA testing techniques. Practice dusting for fingerprints, learn the fundamentals of toxicology and particulate analysis and try out some of the high tech tools forensic scientists use to solve the most deadly crimes.
Can you solve the mystery, crack the case? Come with friends or make it a date night and enjoy specialty cocktails, beer and wine, stargazing and more at Philadelphia’s premier 21+ event for science lovers.
· Learn about poisons, their compositions, and the effects they have on your body with volunteers from the Science History Institute.
· Discover how the latest 3D laser scanning technology is used to scan a crime scene and create highly accurate 3D models with point cloud technology.
· Try out the techniques experts use to evaluate dirt samples to help link criminals to the crime scene.
· Learn about alternative light sources and the tools forensics experts use to uncover hidden evidence.
· Witness the process used to analyze DNA and make discoveries that can break a case wide open.
· Master the secrets of body language analysis and find out how to detect a liar.
This event is for Adults 21+
Due to the popularity of this event, we strongly recommend that you purchase tickets in advance as capacity is limited and may sell out.
- Boardroom Spirits
- Tesla Science Foundation
- Thirsty Dice
- Independence Blue Cross
- Science History Institute
- Rutgers University-Camden
- Faro Technologies
- Yards Brewing Co.
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Evil Genius Beer Co.
- Diamond Tooth Taxidermy
- Lucky Strike