Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Philadelphia Science Festival
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student looking for a way to mix history and science? Are you curious about ongoing research and changes in the fields of science history? Come spend an afternoon at the American Philosophical Society finding out what it takes to be a historian of science or getting the update on active research being done through our participating organizations! Guests are invited to investigate the intersection of science and history through hands-on exploration and conversation with active historians.
Organizations will showcase their current work and we’ll have multiple opportunities for you meet and chat with real historians of science! Participating organizations and guests will also be exploring current issues in the field through story-telling and guest participation.
This program is free and open to the public, though we recommend being 16 or older with an interest in this highly interdisciplinary field.
- American Philosophical Society
- Science History Institute
- University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Consortium for the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine
- Drexel's Center for Science, Technology, and Society