Celebrating the vast contributions of local scientists and engineers from diverse backgrounds.
Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
The Franklin Institute celebrates the vast contributions of local scientists and engineers from diverse backgrounds, by providing visitors an opportunity to meet them, learn from them, and hopefully become inspired by them.
With leading experts from the Philadelphia area placed within the museum exhibits that best represent their field, they will spend the morning providing hands-on experiences that demonstrate foundational concepts in their area of expertise. Visitors are invited to navigate the exhibits and personally interact with these STEM professionals to fully appreciate the many opportunities available in all STEM fields.
Included with General Museum Admission
• Michael Williams, Ph.D. – Optical Science Center for Applied Research – Delaware State University
• Deaysha Hines – Medical Scribe - Suburban Community Hospital
• Antoinette T. Campbell – Philadelphia Police Department - CEO/Founder of the Association of Women in Forensic Science Inc.
• Wendy Jackson-Dow – Mechanical Engineer - CEO/ Founder of SkyPixGroup, LLC
• Nicole S. Williams, OD – Optometrist – VIVID Eye Care
• Jason Engerman, Ph.D. – Associate Professor - East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
• Sabriya Scott, MD – Physician - Chestnut Hill Hospital Family Practice
• Jayatri Das, Ph.D. – Chief Bio Scientist - Franklin Institute
• Loni Tabb, Ph.D. – Associate Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics – Drexel University