Follow these tips to make the most of your visit to The Franklin Institute!
Before You Arrive
- Become a Member. Buy a membership online and enjoy free admission for one full year from the date of your purchase. All memberships include complimentary admission year-round as well as discounts on parking and out Gift Shop.
- Be aware of Field Trip season. To avoid busy field trip times, we invite you to visit mid-afternoon Monday-Wednesday or anytime Thursday-Sunday. Our highest concentration of school groups occurs before 2pm and primarily on Wednesday-Friday during the school year. March through May are particularly high traffic times for school groups, when we receive large numbers of visiting children throughout the week.
- August is Summer Camp season! Expect to encounter large groups of visitors on Monday, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays in August.
- Preview exhibits and experiences online. Explore our museum map, daily schedule, and find out more about what you’d like to experience before you arrive. There’s a lot to see!
- We are upgrading our museum! We heard our visitors, and we are working to bring new experiences to the museum. We just opened a brand new, two-story exhibition, Wondrous Space! Other areas will be closed as we build new experiences, but we have plenty of activities to fill up your day -- just check out our schedule!
What to Know
The Franklin Institute welcomes you every day from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our top priority is ensuring a safe and delightful experience for all our visitors, including the little ones who might get distracted when they enter our doors.
You can count on our dedicated Guest Experience Members to assist you in reuniting with any separated members of your party. If you lose a child or someone from your group, inform the nearest employee, and we'll spring into action. When you arrive, be on the lookout for our Guest Experience Members and security personnel in uniform, and point them out to your child. Our team is trained to assist you in these situations and any other emergencies that may arise.
Our commitment extends to ensuring every guest has an accessible and enjoyable experience. To learn more, please visit our Accessibility page.
For even more info to help you plan a great visit, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.