The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources (HR), the HR Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support the effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of all employee personnel records.
- Update HR databases
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information.
- Coordinate HR projects, meetings, and training.
- Collaborate with HR Generalist to assist with LOAs and Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Collaborate with the Recruiter to post job ads on careers pages and process incoming resumes.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal communication.
- Call/screen/schedule applicants
- Conducts state and federally mandated background clearances, eligibility, and education verification on all employees.
- Assist with New Hire Onboarding
- Service awards (logistics, i.e., PPT presentation, booking the space, certificates)
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence (e.g., employee offer letters and Provider agreements)
- Manage HR staff calendars, including the Senior Vice President of Science and Education.
- Manage the Director and Vice Presidents monthly expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of related experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with HRIS is preferred.
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 8:45 AM – 5:15 PM)
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
To apply, please visit our Career Center. We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.