The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and FUN staff members to assist us with Disney 100: The Exhibition. This key role will be essential to our success hosting this world premiere exhibit. Come be a part of the team!
Status: Temporary part-time through August 2023, 20-25 hours per week.
The Guest Experience Supervisor will supervise and execute aspects of the museum floor operations, primarily focusing on the ticketing and guest services functions. This position is a liaison between the front-line staff and the Management Team and will provide strict floor operations oversight and ongoing Guest service and system coaching to Front Line Staff. The supervisor will also assist Managers in developing and implementing new internal and external Guest Service and Training Initiatives. The Guest Experience Supervisor will also be responsible for the following:
- Supervise all departmental staff members and assist with any job function when needed.
- Successfully oversee the daily operating plan, including management of first aid and lost and found.
- Create a fun, positive, inclusive team environment for all staff members.
- Monitor departmental standards with a focus on delivering a World Class Visitor Experience
- Assist with customer service training and reward and recognition programs for all front-line staff.
- Adjust staff members on the daily schedule to cover the museum based upon the days business pressures.
- Be a significant presence on the floor to ensure all areas are operating successfully and that the staff members are having fun.
- Ensure the security of all revenue collected through the ticketing area by observing established theft deterrence measures.
- Execute the daily box office cash out including verifying all vouchers and coupons
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred or a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience managing staff in a sales and customer service setting are required.
- Proven success operating within a high-volume ticketed venue or visitor facing organization.
- Experience coaching, motivating, and monitoring staff members in a fun, energetic environment.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line). We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a condition of employment at The Franklin Institute, employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to requests for accommodation.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.