The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and FUN staff members to assist us with Disney 100: The Exhibition. This key role will be essential to our success hosting this world premiere exhibit. Come be a part of the team!
Status: Temporary part-time through August 2023, 20-25 hours per week.
The Guest Experience Associates are the main point of contact for guests visiting The Franklin Institute and are responsible for several aspects contributing to the success of day-to-day museum operation. They will be skilled at guest relations, ticket and member sales and general museum operations.
- Provide and promote excellent customer service in an enthusiastic and engaging manner while demonstrating in-depth knowledge of The Franklin Institute.
- Assist guests with developing a plan of action for their day’s activities by providing personalized suggestions and disseminating museum information.
- Utilize Galaxy Point of Sale ticketing system to process visitor transactions including but not limited to selling tickets and memberships, scanning and verifying tickets, and applying discounts while practicing proper cash handling procedures in a professional and courteous manner.
- Operate exhibit and gallery entry process while answering questions and providing guests information on how to navigate the exhibit in an outgoing manner.
- Resolve sensitive guest situations on an individual basis through personal interaction and guidance from the Guest Experience Management team to determine and provide an appropriate level of guest recovery.
- Actively monitor the ticketing and planetarium queues to maintain crowd control.
- Assist guests with special accommodations and in emergencies.
- Actively participate in a fun, positive, and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate, GED
- Superior customer service and communication skills with a professional work ethic
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised in areas of the museum, as well as contribute within a team structure
- Outgoing, positive, team-oriented personality with an ability to appreciate and empathize with the feelings of others
- Excellent cash handling skills
- Ability to arrive at work location for all scheduled shifts on time
- Adheres to all established museum policies and guidelines
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours without a break
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line). We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a condition of employment at The Franklin Institute, employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to requests for accommodation.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.