The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Assistant Director of Contact Center Operations oversees the daily operation of the Contact Center and is a critical leadership role at The Franklin Institute that will transform our customer experience by creating a culture of best-in-class pre and post-visit service. This role will oversee the strategy, planning, and execution of The Franklin Institute’s Contact Center, with a focus on the Group Sales process, as well as managing and reporting of the Admission Department’s funds.
The Assistant Director of Contact Center Operations will report to the Director of Business Operations to further the Admission Department's goals and will fill in as a support when needed. This position will also be responsible for:
- Oversee the daily management and operation of the contact center with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Deliver a seamless customer service experience across all touchpoints.
- Create a fun, positive, inclusive team environment for all staff members.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing a highly effective team in the contact center, focused on providing best-in-class experience for our customers.
- Responsible for overseeing the Group Sales initiatives and operations, including the proper execution of all pre-visit communications.
- Generate ideas to provide continuous exceptional customer service and customer experience.
- Complete the Box Office revenue reconciling procedures, including, but not limited to, the daily deposits, closing shift reports, billing and refund submissions, and partner revenue reports.
- Work with HR on workforce planning to ensure appropriate staffing needs can be measured, training and development goals can be established, and contingent workforce options can be used to create an optimally staffed and trained workforce able to respond to the needs of the business.
- Assist the Director of Business Operations with achieving departmental goals and fill in as support for ticketing and customer service initiatives when needed.
- Determine contact center performance targets for speed, accuracy, quality, sales, and efficiency, and ensure these goals are met on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels, and supervision.
- Responsible for the timely completion of Payroll and schedules for the front-line staff, managers, and assistant managers.
- Manage department spending according to budget.
- Develop departmental standards with a focus on delivering a World Class Visitor Experience.
- Minimum five years of Call Center/Contact Center management experience; strong preference for venue or attractions experience.
- Proven leadership roles with a strong background in managing a team in a visitor-facing organization.
- Experience with fulfillment or ticket delivery for programs larger than 150,000 attendees annually.
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
To apply, please visit our Career Center. We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.