If your school meets the criteria and you wish to book a free visit, please complete the online form via the link below.
STUDENT ACCESS PROGRAM REQUEST FORM
- Complimentary museum admission and lunchroom space will be offered to all students and chaperones.
- Trips can be booked on Mondays - Wednesdays from September 25th, 2023 through January 31st, 2024, excluding holidays and black-out dates.
- Please check the online form for available dates. Availability is limited and the program fills up quickly.
- Dates that are full will be removed from the Request Form and will not be available.
- You will receive an email within two business days after submitting the form.
- Final headcount and payment for any visit upgrades is due at least three weeks prior to the date of your visit.
- Please ensure you have an accurate headcount as space is limited and overestimating will impact space available for other groups.
The availability of free field trips would not be possible without the generosity of our supporters. Thank you cards or notes from students and teachers are always appreciated and allow us to show our supporters the impact of their contribution. They will be shared with those who help make this program possible! Please consider having your class make thank you notes, which may be sent to:
The Franklin Institute
Attn: Group Reservations
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
One chaperone for every ten students is required. However, we recommend more than one chaperone for every ten students to allow for the best experience! Chaperones are considered any adult with the group and include teachers, school staff, administrators, nurses, parents, and guardians.
Groups that plan to bring their lunches to eat on-site must reserve a lunchroom. As long as your lunches are packaged in bins or boxes, they can be stored in the lunchroom while you explore the Museum.
Enhance Your Visit
Maximize the educational value of your field trip by adding on a Planetarium show for an additional $5.00 per person!
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact group reservations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215.448.1200 (option 3). We are available daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.