It’s Lights, Camera, Action as we kickoff the 2023 season of Science After Hours with the return of Spectacular Spectacular, a night of interesting characters, performances, and surprises to delight and excite. Curated for the curious at heart, we encourage all guests to become one with the night as we pull back the curtain and let you in on the action.
So, get ready to walk the red carpet, play a game, have a drink (or two), learn a move, and start celebrating, because life is a cabaret, and you are invited to SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR!
- Local showman and bandleader of the power funk group Johnny Showcase & The Mystic Ticket, Johnny Showcase along with Rumi Kitchen & Rose Luardo, lead a prize-filled Bingo like no other that blissfully tip-toes the line between performance art and soul revival.
- Step right up and take a spin as The Philadelphia School of Circus Arts invites you into the ring to try your hand at multiple interactive stations and witness performances by some of their pros.
- Hosted by Iris Spectre & Bear Trap, The Fels Planetarium is your one-stop cabaret for burlesque, dance, and delights. Music provided by DJ Drootrax with additional performers to be announced.
- Feel the beat with performances from local drumline group, Positive Movement.
- Philadelphia’s premiere floating repertory cinema series, Secret Cinema presents a curated collection of short films from yesteryear, shown on real celluloid film.
- Be seen in the scene with local photographer Uv Lucas behind the lens as our party photographer for the evening.
- Evening access to all the museums core exhibits and galleries.
- Access to all Featured Programming.
- Limited Edition lapel pin created exclusively for the event.
- Access to our roof deck offering spectacular views of the city, and facilitated stargazing (weather permitting).
What To Know:
- This is a 21+ event. A valid form of identification will be checked upon entry.
- Only small clutch bags allowed (4.5”x6.5”).
- Food and Drink provided by Seravezza Events available for purchase at stations located throughout the museum.
- Doors for the event open at 7:30 pm. Most of the programming will begin around 8:30 with, with a full schedule of the evening released closer to the event date.
- While we encourage everyone to dress up to the theme, there is no formal dress code for Science After Hours. Shoes, tops, and bottoms are required for entry and no full-face masks are permitted.
- The Franklin Institute does not discriminate based on gender or orientation, race, or religion. Anybody found to harass other guests will be escorted from the event.
$40 in advance
$45 day-of at the door
$35 Franklin Institute Members
Sign up now to be the first to know when tickets for Science After Hours and other Adult Programs go on sale!