Spark your child’s curiosity and help them develop a lifelong love of science!
Summer camp activities include museum exploration, theater shows, science projects, games, workshops, and presentations by local scientists—all wrapped up around dynamic weekly themes.
- All sessions run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Early arrival and late departure are available for an additional fee.
- Campers receive a daily snack, time for lunch, and all activity supplies. Summer campers also receive a Discovery Camp T-shirt and a weekly camp newsletter.
- Campers are encouraged to bring a packed lunch but may purchase lunch from the on-site museum food service, Frog Commissary.
- Pick up and drop off happens on 20th street. If driving, you may pull up on 20th street for a few moments while you sign your camper in or out, as long as you have a copy of the Drop-Off Parking Placard clearly visible on your dashboard for the PPA.
- Franklin Institute Members receive discounted Discovery Camp rates.
- Learn more camp logistics in the Discovery Camp Survival Guide
BEST OPTION: Call 215.448.1200 (Option 5) and pay with a credit card to get instant confirmation of your registration.
To pay by check: print, complete, and mail the appropriate form
Summer Camp Registration Form
Weekly Rates - For Summer Camps
Book by February 21, 2018*:
$369 per week: Members
$379 per week: Individuals
Book after February 21, 2018:
$369 per week: Members
$399 per week: Non-members
Early arrival 8:00 am: $45 per week
Late departure 5:30 pm: $55 per week
*Some exceptions apply. Early booking discounts do not apply to the following weeks: July 2-6, August 20-24, and August 27-31. Member discounts are applicable only for weeks selected within the active membership period. Special pricing for the week of July 2-6: $309 for Members, $339 for Individuals.
Call 215.448.1200 to reserve your space.
Each year Discovery Camp offers scholarships for excellence in academics and leadership, as well as for those who are in need of financial assistance. Our goal is to provide children who express an interest in science an opportunity to attend a session of our summer day camp. Each scholarship awarded will cover one (1) week of Discovery Camp in 2018.
Applications must be received by 5:00 PM on Monday, March 26. No Exceptions.
Make sure that all parts of the application packet are in one envelope and labeled Discovery Camp – Scholarships. You may submit the application packet in the following acceptable ways:
You may mail applications packets to:
The Franklin Institute
Discovery Camp – Scholarships
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
You may deliver your application packet to the Business Entrance on 20thStreet, where there will be a drop box for them at the guard’s desk between March 19 and March 26 until 5:00 pm ONLY.