The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Contact Center Representative is a primary point of contact for museum guests and will provide a world-class visitor experience by promoting a positive image for the museum through phone sales and interactions. The Contact Center Representative will become an expert on The Franklin Institute’s products and offerings, all related policies and procedures, and demonstrate proficiency with the ticketing system. They will ensure that the hundreds of thousands of visitors who make plans with our contact center have memorable moments that last a lifetime. The ideal candidate will have superior customer service and communication skills, computer proficiency, and a willingness to learn new systems, as well as 2+ years of experience in sales, preferably in a Contact Center setting. If you are proficient with the Gateway ticketing system – that is a plus!
- Contributes to an outstanding visitor experience by providing superior service during every interaction through reflective and active listening, addressing the customers' needs, providing information and assistance, and presenting a professional image for the museum.
- Answer and process all inbound contact (calls, mail, email, fax) received by the museum; complete outbound calls as needed to follow up with guests.
- Processes transactions with accuracy and according to departmental policies; handles cash and other forms of payment in a secure manner.
- Assists with the fulfillment of ticket and membership mailings.
- Identify opportunities to promote membership, as well as suggestively upsell ticketed attractions to interested parties.
- Adhere to museum policies, including those regarding attendance, punctuality, and dress code.
- Become proficient with all relevant systems utilized by The Franklin Institute, including POS and contact center clients.
- Assists in floor operations and special events as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate, GED
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, make decisions and work in a busy environment
- Outgoing, positive, and team-oriented personality
- Customer service oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others
- Professional/Work Ethic
- Excellent Oral communication skills
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or protected veteran status.