The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that’s as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you’ll find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The CRM Systems Analyst is responsible for the success, data integrity and optimization of The Franklin Institutes CRM applications and integrated systems, and plays a key role in the development of related analytic reports.
- Responsible for the success, data integrity, and user optimization of all CRM/ERP applications including Raiser’s Edge and Galaxy Ticketing systems
- Develop queries and analyze databases to produce daily, weekly and monthly reports using SQL
- Interface with all areas of the business and collaborate with users to ensure data optimization, application solution design, system configuration, integration testing, data hygiene, documentation, training, and complete deployment in the support of applications.
- Gain in-depth application and database knowledge for the Institute’s CRM applications. The candidate will serve as the Admin and Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will be responsible for the support, design, upgrades, usability and configuration of such applications
- Facilitate the adoption of enhanced functionality within TFI’s CRM investments; identify and deploy features to support visitor experience, financial transactional health, business operations and the support of data analytics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional TFI power users to drive business process changes while establishing an institute-wide data dictionary and data entry protocol. Perform solution design, configuration, integration testing, documentation and training.
- Apply problem-solving skills by applying business, financial/transactional and technical expertise. Working with both internal resources and vendors, resolve issues while maintaining detailed documentation of the progress through completion.
- Lead and/or perform Quality Assurance Testing on applications release lifecycle and the deployment of reports/analysis. The candidate will work closely with the quality and engineering teams during software release cycles and will have the skills to keep the appropriate parties informed so that corrective actions are achieved.
- Recommends technologies and solutions to accelerate user adoption of technology.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advanced Analytics and Applications.
- Bachelor's degree IT related field or relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the support and deployment of CRM applications
- Expertise in MS SQL
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an eagerness to learn new skill sets and apply them towards project and team success
- Demonstration of cultural competence to work across lines of business and differences
- Exceptional written, visual presentation and oral communication; interviewing, facilitation, listening and interpersonal skills.
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generation Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line) OR visit our Careers page at https://www.fi.edu/join-our-team/job-openings
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.