Get ready to sleep over!
Do you like visiting The Franklin Institute during the day? Then you’ll LOVE spending a whole night with us! Give your group or family an unforgettable overnight adventure — a sleepover camp at the Franklin Institute science museum! Pack your sleeping bags and prepare for an evening jam-packed with live science shows, hands-on workshops, stargazing in our rooftop observatory, and time to explore all eleven permanent exhibits. Where else can you sleep next to a Giant Heart or a 350-ton locomotive?
$54.50 per person - Saturday Nights
$48.50 per person - Friday Nights
$45.50 per person - Franklin Institute Members
Registration is required using either the registration contract or by calling 215.448.1200 (option 5). A confirmation packet is sent via e-mail after your registration and payment are processed.
For groups with fewer than 10 people, payment is due at time of booking.
Groups of 10 or more must pay 25% at time of booking. Full payment is due three weeks prior to visit.
At least one chaperone per every five campers is required. Register the exact number of participants including chaperones or your minimum anticipated number. If you need to increase the number, check availability with Group Sales first.
Friday, November 13
Saturday, November 21
Friday, January 22
Saturday, January 23
Saturday, January 30
Saturday, February 6
Friday, February 19
Saturday, February 20
Friday, February 26
Friday, March 4
Saturday, March 5
Saturday, March 12
Friday March 18
Friday, April 1
Friday, April 8
Saturday, April 9*
Saturday, April 16
Friday, April 22
Friday, May 13*
Saturday, May 14
*All Girl Nights
The Franklin Institute’s CAMP-IN Science Camp is the perfect sleepover event for children ages 6–13 and provides an unforgettable experience for families, scout troops, school groups, birthday parties, and more! And unlike outdoor camping, CAMP-IN is a go rain or shine!
Experience live science shows and workshops, stargazing in the Observatory (weather permitting) and sleep next to some of your favorite exhibits! Your museum sleepover adventure will include activities such as theater shows and complete museum access which even continues into the morning!
In addition to your sleepover adventure, every kid who spends the night with us will earn a souvenir activity patch that’s good for FREE museum admission for a whole year!
CAMP-IN indoor camping for kids is the most exciting event for camping in Philadelphia. Whether you’re looking for a destination for science camps, Boy Scout camps, Girl Scout camps, Brownie camps, kids’ camps, or just overnight camps in general, CAMP-IN at The Franklin Institute is certain to provide tons of educational fun for kids and family alike!
Sign up today, your science sleepover adventure awaits!
- NEW! Exclusive access to the BRAND NEW SportsZone exhibit!
- NEW! SportsZone Live Science Show!
- Explore the physics of your favorite sports in hands-on workshops.
- Take a gravity defying ride on the Blue Angels Flight Simulator.
- See Dark Universe in the Fels Planetarium and uncover two great cosmic mysteries: dark matter and dark energy.
- See Humpback Whales in the Tuttleman IMAX® Theater and swim alongside these amazing creatures as they leap, twirl, lunge, and splash their way across the giant screen.
- Rooftop sky-gazing through our professional telescopes in the Joel N. Bloom Observatory (weather permitting).
- Enjoy a light continental breakfast.
- PLUS—Explore all of The Franklin Institute’s permanent exhibits including The Giant Heart, Your Brain, Electricity, and more! Traveling exhibits not included
- Souvenir Patch
- Free admission for a year—continue the exploration! Restrictions apply, must show souvenir patch, valid for children 13 and under.
Arrival and Departure Information
*All gear must be removed at this time, but campers may use their wristband IDs to stay until noon.
Programming for Scouts
Troops or Individuals welcome!
Each Camp-In offers one-of-a-kind opportunities for Scouts and parents to work toward the requirements for a variety of achievements.
Specifically designed Exhibit Guides help Scouts work toward these achievements:
Cub Scouts: Astronomy, Science, Weather, Collecting, and Mathematics Belt Loops and Pins
Webelos: Scientist or Engineer Pin
Brownie Girl Scouts: Wonders of Water Journey
Junior Girl Scouts: Get Moving Journey
Cadette Girl Scouts: Breathe Journey
Learn more about our Scout Badge Program.
Weeknight Camp-In for Schools
Your school can come for its very own overnight adventure! Groups with a minimum of 200 campers can sleep over on weeknights throughout the year.
Call for availability: 215.448.1133.