Sleeping Bag? Check!
Giant Heart? Check!
The Franklin Institute’s Camp-in is the perfect sleepover event for children ages 6-13 and provides an unforgettable experience for families, scout troops, school groups, birthday parties, and more! Where else can you sleep next to a Giant Heart or a 350-ton locomotive?
- Explore all of The Franklin Institute's beloved permanent exhibits like The Giant Heart, Sir Isaac's Loft, Your Brain, and more, after the museum closes!*
- Telescopic observing in the Joel N. Bloom Observatory (weather permitting)
- Live Science: Astronomy Show
- Wildest Weather in the Fels Planetarium
- A Beautiful Planet in the Tuttleman IMAX® Dome Theater
- Astronomy themed cart activities on the museum floor
- Light continental breakfast
- BONUS: Return to the museum for FREE. Receive a souvenir patch that will grant you access to The Franklin Institute for free through the end of the 2018 calendar year.**
Arrival: 6:15-7:00 pm
Departure: 9:30 am (all gear must be removed at this time, but campers may use their wristband IDs to stay in the museum until noon)
*Special exhibits are not included; ask about discounted rates.
**Restrictions apply; must show souvenir patch upon arrival; valid for children 13 and under.
For members of The Franklin Institute:
$39.50 per person
For general public:
$49.50 per person - Friday Nights
$59.50 per person - Saturday Nights
Submit the registration contract or call 215.448.1200 (option 5).
Registration closes at close of business the Wednesday prior to each Camp-In event date.
For groups with fewer than 10 people, payment is due at time of booking.
Groups of 10 or more must pay 25% at time of booking.
Full payment is due three weeks prior to visit.
At least one chaperone per every five campers is required. Register the exact number of participants including chaperones or your minimum anticipated number. If you need to increase the number, please check availability first.
Friday, November 10, 2017
Friday, November 17, 2017
Saturday, January 20, 2018 Sold Out
Friday, January 26, 2018
Saturday, January 27, 2018 Sold Out
Saturday, February 3, 2018
Friday, February 9, 2018
Saturday, February 10, 2018
Saturday, February 24, 2018
Friday, March 2, 2018
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Friday, March 9, 2018
Saturday, March 10, 2018
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Friday, March 23, 2018+
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Saturday, May 5, 2018+
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Achievements for Scouts
These Scout Exhibit Guides are designed to challenge scouts working towards various achievement requirements and can be used during our Camp-In and Scout Day programs or during any daytime visit:
Cub Scout: STEM/Nova Exhibit Guide
Girl Scout Brownies: Wonders of Water Journey (Exhibit Guide)
Girl Scout Juniors: Get Moving Journey (Exhibit Guide)
Girl Scout Cadettes: Breathe Journey (Exhibit Guide)
Weeknight Camp-In for Schools
Your school can come for its very own overnight adventure! Groups with a minimum of 200 campers can sleep over on weeknights throughout the year.
Call for availability: 215.448.1108.