Whether you are new to planning group visits or highly experienced, we make planning a trip to The Franklin Institute easy! Read below for all the information you need for a fantastic group visit!
- Groups of 15 or more save 25% when visiting The Franklin Institute.
- Always book in advance! Discounted group tickets cannot be purchased at the door.
- Youth groups are considered any school age group between the ages of 3 and 18.
Museum Admission for Groups
Admission Youth Chaperone Adult
The Art of the Brick
Genghis Khan: Bring the legend to life
*Minimum of 15 visitors required; advance registration required. Pricing subject to change.
Program Per Person
Youth Groups only, Only youth pay fee
Tuttleman IMAX® Theater Film**
Franklin 3D Theater Film**
Fels Planetarium Show
Live Science Show
Youth Groups Only.
**Ask about our Group Rates for Theater Only or Major Motion Picture visits!
All youth groups are required to have 1 chaperone for every 10 youth. We encourage groups to bring additional chaperones and will allow a maximum of 1 chaperone for every 5 youth to receive chaperone rates. After that, additional chaperones pay the discounted adult group rate. Please note, chaperone rates are valid for weekday (Monday through Friday) visits only.
Payment is due in full three weeks before the date of your visit. Once payment is received, tickets will be mailed, eliminating the need to check-in upon arrival and saving your group valuable time!
The Franklin Institute accepts Cash, Credit Card, Check, or Money Order.
- Cash payments accepted on-site only. Please contact us in advance.
- Checks/Money Orders must be payable to The Franklin Institute.
- Only one check per group accepted.
Purchase Orders will be accepted in advance for deposits only. Any group with a purchase order must bring payment in full on the day of visit.
Refunds are available in the event of overpayment or cancellation.
Drop-off/pick-up is located on 20th Street in front of the museum. All buses, motor coaches and tour buses are prohibited from parking on city streets. Bus parking (fee applies) is available at the following locations:
- Campus Park and Ride; approximately 10 minutes from The Franklin Institute.The facility is located at 1600 South Warfield Street (off Interstate 76 near 34th Street). For more information, contact Campus Park and Ride at 215.413.2300.
- Callowhill Bus Center; approximately 15 minutes from The Franklin Institute.The bus center is located on Callowhill Street between Second and Third Streets. For more information, contact the Bus Center at 215.829.3330.
Limited parking for cars is available in the museum's garage on 21st Street. See Directions and Parking for more information. Metered street parking is also available.
Larger Vehicles/Passenger Vans
Vehicles larger than 6'1" will not fit into the museum's parking garage. Metered street parking is available. For a listing of other private lots, please visit www.visitphilly.com/parking.