- Allan V. Abbott and David G. Wilson, editors, Human Powered
Vehicles, Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL, 1995.
- P. W. Bearman and J. K. Harvey, "Golf Ball Aerodynamics,"
Aeronautical Quarterly, 27:112-122, 1976.
- James E. Counsilman, Competitive Swimming, Counsilman Co.,
Inc., Bloomington, IN, 1977.
- Ira Flatow, Rainbows, Curveballs, William Morrow and
Company, New York, 1988.
- Leonard Koppett, The New Thinking Fan's Guide to
Baseball, Simon and Schuster, New York, 1991.
- Cliff Frohlich, "Aerodynamic Effects on Discus Flight,"
American Journal of Physics, 49:1125-1132, 1981.
- R. V. Ganslen, "Aerodynamic and Mechanical Forces in Discus
Flight," The Athletic Journal, 44, 1964.
- Felix Hess, "Aerodynamics of Boomerangs," Scientific
American, 219:123-136, 1968.
- Dr. Stancil Johnson E.D. Frisbee, Workman Publishing
Company, New York, 1975.
- Joseph Katz, Race Car Aerodynamics: Designing for Speed,
Robert Bentley Inc., Cambridge, MA, 1995.
- Ernest W. Maglischo, Swimming Faster: A Comprehensive Guide to
the Science of Swimming, Mayfield Publishing Co., 1982.
- Bernard S. Mason, Boomerangs: How to Make and Throw Them,
Dover Publications, Inc., New York, 1974.
- Roy McLeavy, Hovercraft and Hydrofoils, Arco Publishing
Company, Inc., New York, 1976.
- Rabindra D. Mehta, "Aerodynamics of Sports Balls,"
Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, 17:151-189, 1985.
- Howard Payne and Rosemary Payne, The Science of Track and Field
Athletics, Pelham Books Ltd., London, 1981.
- Dan Roddick, Frisbee Disc Basics, Prentice-Hall, Inc.,
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1980.
- Benjamin Ruhe and Eric Darnell, Boomerangs: How to Throw,
Catch, and Make it, Workman Publishing, New York, 1985.
- Dorothy Childers Schmitz, Fabulous Frisbee, Crestwood
House, Inc., 1978.
- Eric W. Schrier and William F. Allman, Newton at the Bat:
The Science in Sports, Charles Scribner's Sons, New York,
- T. C. Soong, "The Dynamics of Discus Throw," Journal
of Applied Mechanics, 43:531-536, 1976.
- Charles Tips, Frisbee by the Masters, Celestial Arts,
Millbrea CA, 1977.
- Bodo E. Ungerechts, "Comparison of the Movements of the Rear
Parts of Dolphins and Butterfly Swimmers," Biomechanics and
Medicine in Swimming, International Series on Sports Sciences,
- Jearl Walker, "Boomerangs! How to make them and also how they
fly," Scientific American, 240:130-135, 1979.
- Tom Whidden and Michael Levitt, The Art and Science of Sails,
St. Martin's Press, New York, 1990.
- Frank R. Wilson and David G. Wilson, Bicycling Science,
The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1982.
Web Hosting Provided By The National Business Aviation Association.
Explore Space ... Not Drugs!
Last modified: Mon Jun 1 19:59:07 PDT 1998
Hear what astronauts have to say about staying drug-free.
Copyright © 1996-1998 by Cislunar Aerospace, Inc. All