Order Your NSP Kit!
NSP Mission & History
Resources for Volunteers
Reach for the Stars
Watch segments of the Reach for the Stars video for practical advice about leading the NSP activities featured in Space Explorer: A Volunteer's Guide for Brownie Girl Scouts.
The video was created in the early 1990s to train and support the work of Girl Scout volunteers implementing NSP. It has been used by Girl Scout trainers in conjunction with the Brownie Training Handbook to teach other volunteers how to implement NSP with girls. Available for the first time to all Girl Scouts volunteers, you may find these segments useful as you prepare to implement NSP with your troop.
The video features Dr. Millie-Hughes Fulford astronaut, researcher, and former Girl Scout. Consider sharing some of these segments with the girls who might enjoy hearing Dr. Fulford's inspirational message.
(NOTE: You will need a QuickTime Player to view these video segments.)
- "What Girl Scouting Taught Me," an introduction by astronaut Dr. Millie E. Hughes-Fulford (Running Time: 3:33)
- Sunsational Sundials (Running Time: 2:12)
- Phases of the Moon (Running Time: 6:54)
- Spectroscopes and light (Running Time: 6:12)
- 3...2...1...Blast off! (Running Time: 5:30)
- "The sky is the limit for women today," conclusion by astronaut Dr. Millie E. Hughes-Fulford (Running Time: 2:49)
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grants 0436249, MDR #8751820, and MDR #91-55285. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.