ITALY: PIZZA AND PASTA
1. Marie and Guiseppe are having a party. They need 1/4 pound of pasta for each person. One quart of "gravy" (sauce) is enough for 6 people. If 25 people need to eat, how much pasta and how much gravy do they need?
2. Who eats what?
Maria, Luigi, Sophia, Carla, and Pete are having dinner.
The pastas are manicotti, linguine, spaghetti, cavatelli, and penne. The meats are meatballs, lobster, steak, clams, and prosciutto.
3. Tony and Carmella are going to contribute pizza to the school fair. There are twice as many plain as pepperoni and 1/2 as many mushroom as pepperoni. If there are 49 pies, how many of each are there?
4. Vinnie took his 2 brothers out for pizza. Each pie had 8 slices. He ordered 2 pies. They left 3 pieces. Carlo, his baby brother, ate only 1 slice. Pauly ate 1/3 of the rest. How many slices did Vinnie eat?
5. Theresa made dinner. She has a fussy family so she had 3 different pastas, 4 sauces, and 2 toppings. How many different combinations could they make?
6. Rosa wants to serve dinner at 6:00. She has to go to the market to get supplies for dinner. This takes 1 hour and 10 minutes. The water takes 15 minutes to boil and then the pasta takes 12 minutes to cook. She needs 10 minutes to put away her other groceries and 5 minutes to get the spaghetti on the table. What is the latest time she can go to the store and still serve at 6?