Cuckoo clocks originated in the Black Forest region of Germany.
1. Horst had a cuckoo clock. It calls once every half hour and the number of hours at the full hour. How many times a day does the cuckoo call?
2. Greta has an antique clock. The radius of the face is 2.25
inches. What is the diameter? the circumference?
3. Erik and his wife Eva went to Germany to purchase clocks to sell in the United States. They got a small Black Forest house with a balcony cuckoo clock for $115 and a small Black Forest cottage with roses and other flowers for $85. Next, they got a hand painted clock with a moving fisherman and rod for $149. Suppose there is an export tax of 5%. How much must Erik and Eva pay to bring their clocks home?
4. Adolph makes cuckoo clocks. He has 5 different birds, 4 different houses, 3 different pendulum, and 6 different faces. How many different clocks could he put together?
5. Johan forgot to wind his clock. It says 11:10 but Johan knows that it is 5:25. How long was the clock stopped?
6. Gretchen collects German clocks. She has them lined up on a shelf.
They touch each other and go end to end. How long is the shelf in