- 4/5 of the 90 eighth graders and 3/4 of the 84 seventh
graders attended the Valentine's Dance. How many students
- Jessica bought a box of 15 Valentines for $2.59. She
mailed them all out using a $.33 stamp on each. How much did
this cost Jessica?
- The class is having a Valentine Party. Each student will
get an 8-oz. cup of Pepsi. How many 64-oz bottles must be
bought for a class of 30 students?
- Roses normally cost $19.00 a dozen, but for Valentine's
Day the price goes up to $35.00. What is the difference in
price, including 7% tax?
- There are 23 students in the fourth grade class. Each
student gives every other student in the class a card. How
many cards are exchanged?
- Chocolate covered pretzels cost $8.50 a lb. Nonpareils
are $4.20 a lb. Josh bought his mother a 1/2lb. of each. How
much did it cost? Don't forget a 7% tax.
- Janet has a pink blouse, a red blouse and a white
blouse. She has a pink skirt, a red skirt, a black skirt and
a white skirt. How many combinations could she make?
- Debbie made 4 dozen heart shaped cookies. She decorated
each with 3 cherries. If she bought 4 jars of 40 cherries,
did she have enough? Explain.
- Try to match the couples: Randy has blue eyes. Matt is
16 and has brown eyes, Sam is 17 and has green eyes, and
Chris has hazel eyes. Rhonda has green eyes, Megan is 17 and
has blue eyes, Sabrina is 16 and has hazel eyes, and Carla
has brown eyes.
No one goes with someone whose name begins with the same
No one goes with someone with the same color eyes.
No one goes with someone the same age.
Valentine's Day Solutions
Back to Puzzling and Perplexing Problems