To solve these problems, you may need to make a diagram,
draw a picture, guess and check, or make a chart.
- Mr. Pilgrim has a turkey farm. He has one male turkey
for every 17 female turkeys. If he has 289 females, how
many males does he have?
- Each turkey has 2.3 X 106 feathers. How many
feathers is that in standard form?
- Mrs. Mayflower is making Thanksgiving dinner for 40
people. She wants to make one long table so she needs to
borrow some tables. Each table can sit 3 on a side and 2 at
an end. How many tables will she need? (Hint: Draw a
- Everyone wants to watch football games. There are 3 on
in the afternoon and 3 on at night. How many different
combinations of games can they watch?
- Mr. Pilgrim needs fencing for his turkey coop. The
perimeter is 240 yards. The length is 16 yards longer than
the width. What are the dimensions? What is the area? (Hint:
Area= length X width)
- Mrs. Corn is making a turkey dinner. It is 22 pounds. It
takes 20 minutes a pound to cook a stuffed turkey and 15
minutes a pound to cook an unstuffed turkey. How long would
it take to cook a stuffed turkey? An unstuffed turkey? How
much longer does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
- Mrs. Corn decided to stuff the turkey. She wants to eat
dinner at 4:00 PM. If the turkey should sit 30 minutes
before it is carved, when should she put the turkey into the
- The Pilgrims and the Indians had a feasta big
feast. There were 10 more Pilgrims than Indians. There were
150 people in all. How many Pilgrims and how many Indians?
Back to Puzzling and