- If you buy every item in the song, The Twelve Days of
Christmas, how many items will you buy?
- What is the ratio (fraction) of birds to the total
number of items?
- Santa and Mrs. Claus want to take 4 of the elves to see
THE NUTCRACKER. How much will it cost if adult
tickets are $34.95 and elf tickets (child) are $24.95?
- Santa needed to draw a map of one of the areas he had to
go to deliver gifts. Follow these directions and draw the
map for him. Use your dictionary to look up words you don't
Ice Boulevard is parallel to Reindeer Road and Holly
Snowflake Street is diagonal to all 3 and deadends at Holly
Present Pike is perpendicular to Holly, Reindeer, and
Mistletoe Mall is bordered by Reindeer Road, Present Pike
and Ice Boulevard.
DRAW THE MAP AND LABEL EVERYTHING. Use the back of your
- Mrs. Claus wants to have a nice meal ready when Santa
comes home. She wants to make waffles and she knows that she
will have to double the recipe since he will be so hungry.
Show how much of each ingredient she will need.
3/4 stick of butter (melted)
1 1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt ________________________________________
7/8 cup milk _______________________________________
1 tsp. vanilla _______________________________________
1 egg _____________________________________________
- Mrs. Claus needs to feed the reindeer. She buys 2 pounds
of food per day per reindeer. How much food does she need
for December? For the whole year?
- She wants to put lights all around her windows. She has
15 windows all of the same size. Each one is 3 feet long by
2 feet wide. How many strands will she buy if each strand
covers 10 feet? How much will she pay if each strand costs
$6.99? Don't forget that there is tax of 7%.
Back to Puzzling and