- The perimeter of a pumpkin patch is 120 feet. If the
length is 8 feet more than the width, what are the
dimensions of the pumpkin patch?
- 8 ghouls each had 8 hands. Each hand had 8 warts and
each wart had 8 hairs. How many hairs were there? Show this
in exponential form and solve.
- The Frightening Freaks played the Scary Skeletons in
Booball. Altogether they played 28 games. They tied 2. If
the Skeletons won 4 more games than the Freaks, how many
games did each team win?
- Guess how many pieces of candy corn. It is a 3 digit odd
number less than 200. It is divisible by 7. The number in
the ones place and the tens place is the same. What is the
- Wanda witch had a small Halloween party. 7 out of the 10
witches she invited came. Katrina witch had a larger party.
71 out of the 100 witches she invited came. Compare the 2
- A collection of black cats and crows has a total of 99
heads and legs between them. There are twice as many crows
as there are cats. How many of each is there?
- Darla Witch flew 75,168 miles in 9 years. Sonia Witch
flew 62,314 miles in 7 years. Who flew the most miles per
year? What was the difference?
- If Christmas Day (Dec. 25th) is on a Friday, on what day
of the week will Halloween (Oct. 31st) fall?
- Each of the 398 members of the Vampire bat Club went to
3 different towns and 50 houses in each town. How many
houses were visited in all?
- Belinda Witch brewed 5 cauldrons of vampire soup and 1
cauldron of rat stew. The cauldrons held 15 liters, 19
liters, 20 liters, 16 liters, 31 liters and 18 liters. She
sold some of the cauldrons to Wicked Wendy and some to Nasty
Natalie. Natalie purchased twice as many liters as Wendy.
She kept the rat stew for herself. Which ones did Wendy buy?
Which ones did Natalie buy? Which one did she keep for
Back to Puzzling and