Apple Puzzlers for September
- The Green family believes the old saying, "An apple a
day keeps the doctor away." The 5 members of the Green
family each eat an apple at least 5 times a week. How many
apples do they eat in a year?
- The Home and School Association is selling slices of
fresh apple pit for $1.25 a slice. They get 8 slices out of
each pie. If they baked 12 pies and sell every piece, how
much money do they make?
- The Boy Scouts went to an apple orchard to pick apples.
If the filled a basket every 20 minutes, how many baskets
did they fill in 2 hours 20 minutes?
- Apple Cider comes in gallon jugs. How many cups of cider
are in 10-gallon jugs?
- The first grade class is making apple prints. Each of
the 30 students gets 1/4 of an apple. How many apples do
- It takes 8 apples to make a quart of applesauce. How
many apples does it take to make 3 gallons?
- Washington State, our biggest apple growing state, has
3800 apple growers within 172,000 acres. About how many
acres does that give each grower?
- John Chapman, a.k.a. Johnny Appleseed, was born on
September 26, 1774. He planted his first Appleseeds in
western PA in the spring of 1789. How old was he then?
He continued to plant seeds, mostly in Ohio, until his death
on March 18, 1845. How many years had he been planting?
- Canadians eat an average of 35lbs. of apples a year.
Which of these would be true?
Canadians eat more than 3
lbs.of apples a month.
Canadians eat less than a lb. of apples a week.
Canadians eat an apple every day.
____ Kinds of apples are grown year round.
A variety of apples that is grown exactly 10 months is
Gala apples are grown _______months of the year.
A variety of apples grown less than 9 months is
The only month Winesap apples are not grown is
Back to Puzzling and