Soccer Spot - Head
Whether you've been a soccer fan all of your life or have
just begun to notice the global competition, World Cup Soccer
should attract your interest. Prepare for the championship
action, or just for your local soccer games, by browsing
this collection of websites that offer soccer information.
Over the past few years, kids throughout the United States
have been catching soccer fever. If you've already been
infected with soccer fever, you know how great the game can
be. If you haven't gotten started yet, try browsing these
websites. Then, go outside. Kick the ball around and enjoy
On the web, you can find plenty of information about soccer
and the World Cup. Use these resources to learn more about
the game and also to follow the action.
- The U.S. Soccer Federation
- Visit the official website for the United States Soccer
Federation. Information includes news, schedules, teams, leagues, and more.
- FIFA History
- Every soccer player needs to know the history of the game.
- Soccer Trivia Game
- Fun for fans of all ages, this website features soccer trivia.
- Shooting the Soccer Ball
- How Can I Control the Soccer Ball?
- See how a little science can help you win the game.
- How Things Work: Balls, Birdies, and Frisbees
- How Things Work: Bouncing Balls
- That's The Way the Ball Bounces
- Understand how the ball works and you'll understand how
to succeed at soccer.
- Remarkable Feets
- Your feet and shoes are the most important equipment you
need for playing soccer. Learn how they work and how to take
care of them. Then, they'll take care of you.
Hazards of Heading
- Soccer Head Injuries - Problems and Protection
- Heading the Ball in Soccer: What's the Risk of Brain Injury?
- Heading is part of the game, but it can be dangerous.
Learn about the dangers of using your head.
- The Soccer Patch
- For soccer patch collectors, this website is nirvana.
- A Case Study in Robotic Soccer
- Okay, so a robot can play soccer. But, can it care?
Mind Can Help Your Body Work
- We know that soccer players use their heads, but they
also use their minds.
- The Gatorade
Sports Science Institute
- Like athletes in any sport, soccer players need to be
fit. These websites offer general athletic fitness information.