- Solar Energy
- This comprehensive site from the Center for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technology features a variety of general purpose resources related to solar energy. This site is more useful for preparation than for actual classroom practice.
- Solar Energy Technologies Program
- From the U.S. Department of Energy, this site is not intended for classroom use, but it does offer some useful reference material for adults about solar heating, solar lights, and renewable energy.
- Sun Data for One Day
- The U.S. Naval Observatory provides this handy utility for determining sunrise and sunset times. Just enter your location for any one day.
- Sun Data for One Year
- The U.S. Naval Observatory also provides a table of sunrise and sunset data for any one year.
- Solar Schoolhouse
- If your students are really motivated to learn more about converting to solar energy, the Solar Schoolhouse offers information about how schools are making the change.